it's a blog eat blog world

Sunday, June 18, 2006

 
My Maid AWOLed

Ari, my maid for around 2 years went home because she had been worrying for her family since the Indonesia earthquake.

Wini came to replace her.

3 days later, i was awoken by some commotion coming from outside my room. When my dad walked past the doorway, i called out to him.

"Eh, what happened ar?"

"The maid ran away liao..."

I was still in a daze from just having woken up and so thought nothing of it. Plus my dad is a joker so i wasn't sure if he was kidding or not. I waited for him to tell me the actual reason but he just walked off.

I pulled myself out of bed and went to check it out for myself. Turns out she's really GONE!

I was stunned! The clothes from the previous night were in a mess and there was still bowls left unwashed. And she's packed all her stuff and left without doing them first!

All this i thought indignantly.

My dad called the condo security and found out that Wini left from the side gate at 4am. Without money.

And she ended up at the Indonesian Embassy! Gracious me.

But as the Chinese saying goes, if the old doesn't leave, the new wouldn't come.

Our newest maid has been in Singapore for only 3 months and her English is damn good as compared to the many other maids we've had before her.

Also, Wini had a perpetual sad look on her face whereas this one keeps smiling and laughing!

Her name is damn cute too. Tin Tin.

Why must maids always have cutesy double syllabus names?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?