it's a blog eat blog world

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

 
Randomness + Interview

I know i'm not supposed to bitch about the Top 28 contestants because i got kicked out and they made it this far...

I only have one thing to say...

You know what they say about Army recruits and their intelligence? That when they shave off their hair, they turn stupid?

Maybe the inverse applies to talent...

Long hair = talented.



I'm glad too...

-------------------

Anyway, i've found out who was the culprits that tagged on my tagboard under modified names of my bosses in camp.

A big HI to 3SG Tan Zheng Jie and CPL Chew Peh Hon.

I know that being in camp can be boring. You have been noticed. Happy?

--------------------

Went down for the NTU non-academic criteria interview today.

Non-academic. This means they don't look at your grades. But at the end of the interview, one lady said something that made me -_-".

I asked her whether this would improve my chances of getting into the course of my choice and she told me something along the lines of "Oh yes definitely, but this is just so that we can recommend you up for reconsideration but in the end they would look at your academic."

Well okay, thanks lady...

Anyway, i deviate.

My interview was scheduled for 2pm but they said to arrive 15 mins before time and i conveniently forgot about that and very nearly missed my timing!

I reached Boon Lay and took a cab from there down. The uncle asked me where exactly was i going and i was stumped. I forgot to copy down the address! In the end i made it after calling the administrative office. The woman that answered the call sounded so sian.

Anyway, i reached 5 mins late and my butt barely touched the sofa when someone called me into the room! I was still panting from all that rushing!

In the end the interview lasted all of 10 mins! After leaving the room i was like WTF! That was damn fast. I felt like my day machiam like wasted. And i was wearing long sleeve shirt somemore!

Nevermind, i got directions from the receptionist on how to get to the bus stop.

"You see that building over there? The one with the people walking along the corridor? (proceeds to point to the building across the road far far away where the people were the size of ants) Go down the same corridor, then you will get to a carpark. Turn to your right and walk down and you will get to a canteen. Go through the canteen and you will see a staircase and when you walk down you will see the bus stop."

She lost me at the carpark.

She had to repeat the directions to me twice. And even so i had to ask another guy along the way.

Finally i got the the bus stop and i was just sitting down when a white mercedes cab pulled over.

(at this point i remembered that there was project runway on. leaving entries halfway done is not good.)

A damsel in distress poked her head out of the window and i thought, "uh-oh."

Sure enough, she asked directions to the International House, which was where i had my interview.

The conversation went like this.

Girl in cab: "Do you know how to get to the International House?"

Me: "Erm... I'm not very sure how to direct you by cab. If you want i can show you the way on foot. I just came from there also. Are you going for the interview?"

(I wasn't hitting on her. I was genuinely being helpful! Maybe because i felt that the interview ended too abruptly and i didn't wanna waste my day, so i decided to walk her all the way back to where i came from if she wanted me to. I repeat, i wasn't hitting on her!)


Girl in cab: "Yea... Why not you hop in the cab with me?"

Me: "Er... I dunno how to get there by cab, i know how to walk though, but i have to bring you cos it's a very complicated journey."

Girl in cab: "But i'm late! My interview's at 2.30pm and we're supposed to arrive 15 mins earlier."

(Now you see how early it was. It was barely 2.20pm and my interview was over.)
Me: "Aiyah, it doesn't matter one. As long as you reach on time for your interview."

Girl in cab: "Erm... Ok..." (and proceeds to pay money for the cab)

And i walked her all the way back up the steps, through the canteen and the carpark and down the corridor. She crossed the road herself.

Thinking about it, i should have sent her all the way into the building man...

Then the interviewers will see what a nice and helpful guy i am and recommend me more!

------------------------

I was babbling on and on wasn't i?

------------------------

I want this phone!

SEE PHONE!

It totally matches my iPod!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?