it's a blog eat blog world

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

 
I AM FREAKING PISSED OFF WITH SINGPOST.

So pissed off that i'd blog about this even before the lovely Sunday i had...

A few days ago, i called Singpost regarding their iPod exchange service. As my nano is still under warranty, i can have it changed one for one if there's something wrong with it.

Apparently my iPod is screwed up, so i called and was informed that, yes, they have stock and yes, the delivery man will deliver a brand new nano for me.

I also requested for a change of my USB cable because the problem with my nano is that it cannot be charged by plugging it to the computer and so it might also be the fault of the cable itself.

So the delivery man came down today and that was when my nightmare started.

The man made it seem like i had to sign the delivery form before i could open the package to check it's contents. He was like "You sign first, then u can open to check."

Stupid me.

When i opened the box, i immediately noticed that instead of a USB cable, the one lying in the box was a firewire cable. And any stupid fuck knows that the nano cannot be used with the firewire. Yes, it can charge, but i can't transfer files or songs through that cable. What's the point of providing me a cable that is fundamentally useless to the mp3 player?

Not only was the delivery man unapologetic, he kept repeating that he doesn't know anything about this. Yes, of course you dunno, but i just told you what gundu!

Another thing that pissed me off was that when i asked him if i could try the firewire out, he had the cheek to tell me "I have alot of deliveries to make, i have no time."

Fuck you understand! You're not the only one that's busy, i have the computer technician coming down at about the same time plus i have to go down to my aunt's place to help out.

At this point, you might be saying that all couriers are like that... So what? Does being a delivery man make you so important that you can do your job like fuck? Where's the basic courtesy man?

Seeing that he had to rush off for another delivery, i compromised. I told him to take back the firewire cable while i retain my possibly faulty USB cable. I'd rather keep a cable that might work than one that has no possibilities of working...

When i said that to him, he immediately stopped calling whoever he was calling and was visibly relieved. What the hell, where's the pride in your work. If i was a courier and i made a wrong delivery, i'll sure as hell ensure that i sort it out there and then and apologise furiously.

Ok, that was just the beginning.

After i closed the door on the fucked up courier, i glanced at the release form that i was holding and got a shock of my life! I exchanged my 4GB iPod nano for a freaking 2 GB one! Fuckanathan!

I immediately flung the door open but the courier had already left. Now that i think about it, i feel so stupid. I should have just taken the next lift down to try to catch him. But then again, the computer repair man (who was so so so so much more courteous) was taking the NEXT LIFT up already, so i had no choice...

So i called the Singpost iPod exchange hotline from my handphone but no one picked up. I must have called like 5 times. I started to suspect whether this was all a fraud. The next time i tried, i used my house phone and lo and behold, i got through to a Malay guy...

At this point, i was so pissed that i literally demanded an explanation from him.

Apparently, the serial number of my old nano reflects that it was actually a 2GB one, that's why they exchanged it for a 2GB one. But i'm 1000000000000% sure that all this while i was using a 4GB one because i have 3.5GB of songs and obviously they all can't fit into the 2GB iPod.

I concluded that it's either the error of Apple itself that labeled the iPod incorrectly (though highly unlikely), or that the peson who took down the serial number when i first called heard wrongly...

Either way, i don't care. I just want my old 4GB iPod back!

The Malay guy taking my shit assured me that he'll get the courier to deliver my old iPod back to me in exchanged for the new one back.

THEY BETTER DO IT OR THEY WILL GET HELL.

You can mess with me, but don't mess with my music.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?