it's a blog eat blog world

Thursday, April 06, 2006

 
Blink And It's Over

4th April 2006.

A date i'll remember.

What i remember about it?

All that waiting. In vain.

Arrived at Mediacorp in the wee hours of the morning (7am!).

We had to do lame filming.

Went up to a coach which drove around the area. Had to wave at all the cameras that we saw.

Then had to film us alighting and looking happy to reach our "destination".

Had to redo that scene. The first take was screwed up by the first guy walking the wrong direction.

The second take was nearly screwed up too.

Sat around waiting for something to happen.

Got spilt into 13 groups. I was in group 4. I was group ic.

fara
Fara kept calling me leeeeaderrr. I think that's cos she couldn't remember my name.

Our turn to audition.

I was up first.

"Hi my name is (insert name). I am the Singapore Idol because (insert lame reason). I'm gonna be singing (insert bad song choice) by (insert random artiste)."

Comments were normal, normal, normal, just normal.

Our group was the last second group to finish auditioning before lunch.

Ate at the canteen. Conclusion, the mee pok sucks.

Went back to wait for other groups to finish auditioning before we could get the results.

Waited till damn sian, went to a corner of the room to lie down.

Suddenly, it started raining.

mediacrap
So nice, but no use.

And the ceiling started leaking!

Many people moved away cos they were getting rained on.

I stayed because it didn't affect me.

Gurmit Singh came and laid down beside me.

gurmit
Ironic that he thumbed up a reject.

"Wah, i've been missing out! So comfortable!"

I wasn't even wearing my spects and there was a camera in my face, while i was lying down!

Finally, they announced that the last group was gonna go in.

But the rest of us had to go for dinner before the results.

Chicken chop was not bad.

Went back and waited somemore.

Was entertained by Gurmit and Daniel Ong. They really should do stand up comedy.

Results time.

"When i call your number, please step forward. Those that i did not call, congratulations, but your journey ends here."

My number wasn't called.

Exited from the rejected side.

Interviewed by Daniel Ong, who said i didn't seem very affected.

I wasn't. I kinda knew it. And i just wasn't there.

I didn't feel that i had the right mindset for this thing from the start.

If i had wanted to win, i would be much more distraught.

grace
Like Grace, who was bawling her eyes out and even had a camera follow her into the toilet. I actually envy her. I was so emotionless.

I was there just for the experience, and i've got it.

I became more like myself after i got the verdict actually.

All the photos of actual people were taken after the results.

daphne
Daphne is so tiny! I had to stoop quite low to take a photo.

All in all, it was a fun experience.

If you ask me whether i would do it again, i'd tell you most probably not.

Maybe after i ORD. Juggling camp with Idol is a friggin' stressful thing to do.

Especially with all the histrionics from Encik Yeo.

doneposter

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?