it's a blog eat blog world

Thursday, March 16, 2006

 
$10, so cheap!

I've been kinda devoid of any inspiration for funny entries of late, so i'd just blog about retail theraphy once more!

Walking around Orchard can make me feel really broke, but sometimes, i get the occasional feeling that i can buy everything and anything i like and this was one such occasion.

Of cos, it also helps that the things that i wanna buy are quite cheap.

Got dragged into Carrefour unwillingly and ended up being grateful. There was this great mess of books deep in the middle of the hypermart all going for $5 each.



After much digging, i unearthed the first book, Dry (which happens to be good). Feeling rich, i decided that $5 was pathetic (i wanted it to be a nice and round number) and set out looking for another book. After passing by Enid Blyton and Jeffery Archer, the metallic red shine of the horoscope book caught my eye. So bought it, i did! $10 for 2 books, so cheap...

Walking around somemore brought me to Marina Square, to a tribalesque shop called Smokeapelli Rastafari. It's the kind of shop that i could go wild in seriously. Everything from the bracelets to the earrings were so buyable. Too bad i vowed not to pierce my ears. But hey, vows can be broken, and this shop might make me break mine.



Isn't the small little pouch just too adorable to let go off? Hanging on a rack by the entrance, it was the first thing that caught my eye. When i walked into the shop, the multi-coloured braclet just beckoned to me. I had to get them both!

Incidentally, i'm starting to dress in more colours recently.

In secondary school, fashion was but a foreign language. I dressed in whatever clothes come my way, usually from departmental stores that my mum frequents. Shopping was a chore that was best left to the womenfolk. My shirts were either dark blue, grey or black, totally devoid of imagination. I can also remember the baggy jeans craze that accompanied that period. Goodness, what were we thinking.

JC was my enlightenment. Shopping became fun, a staple in fact. Slowly, i learnt how to speak fashion. Colours bloomed out of the rainbow. Street shoes, check. Contacts, check. Hair carefully styled to achieve that casual windswept look, double check.

Now, it comes down to berms and tees. Plus accessories. Always accessorise. Bracelets are a must for the non-watch wearer. Necklaces, not so. They make me itch.

I bought a necklace anyway, just cos it looked nice. The total cost? Yes. $10.

I thought i had many accessories.



Turns out i only have a few? I dunno. You guys tell me.

That doesn't stop me from being trigger happy, taking narcissistic shots left and right, hoping to find the best frame.



Stupid fool, this is your best shot. You didn't have much to choose from. The rest ranged from plain to downright whore. This is the only pretty shot we could find, and we had to edit it heavily. The background. What were you thinking? Did you want to take a dump? You have no neck! You should know your flaw by now and work it to your advantage. Have you not learnt a thing since you came here?

This is what happens when i try to evoke a Nicole. Relying too much on pretty.


This only applies to camp people:

*Sgt Chua says:
he was looking at disco lights just now, planning to buy them.

Sgt Chua says:
i think he wants to open a club with BH at his house.

this stupid fool says:
huh? his house very beeeeg ar?

Sgt Chua says:
i dunno, i wonder what he's gonna name the club.

this stupid fool says:
he can name it 7802.

Sgt Chua says:
LOL! LOL! LOL!

Sgt Chua says:
banned from entry JS especially! and XJ and ZJ!

...

*conversation is approximate because my farking com had to restart before i could copy and paste here.

I feel so witty. And Joshua had to remind me that 78% of people that did my Johari found me witty...

Anyway, next auditions on Sunday. Yes.

THIS. FREAKING. COMING. SUNDAY.

Screwed as usual.

As of now, it's Ain't No Mountain, Your Song, Let's Stay Together and Close To You.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?