it's a blog eat blog world

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

 
Randomness spewing from my brain.

I have so many things to say/rant about that i'm feeling oh so confused... Sometimes i suspect my brain is really just grey shit cos i can't seem to grasp on one thought. Everything is just flitting about in my head right now.

FUCK!

Ok... I feel a little bit better now...

-----------

Guess what i found on my table when i got home from camp today?


My first thought was that it was from KW. He's the only person i know that loves giving cards.

My second, stupider, thought was that it was a X'mas card. (Yes, i know there's only 12 days of X'mas...)

Excitedly, i ripped the envelope open...


As soon as i saw the red card inside, my third and stupidest thought was...

Is someone i know getting married?!?!


I know, i know... I'm quite dumb... But i have grey shit for brains remember?


It was a CNY card! Of course!

At this point, i was thinking who would be so bo liao to send me a CNY card... I mean, it's me leh! No one sends cards to me one... I'm only worth a sms... (Why do i have such a strong urge to say "an sms"?)


It was from Boony aka Boonkian aka Wenjian! Nice penmanship! (The brand of a fan in my camp is "Booney", i think of you whenever i see the fan.)

Thank you you! Xie xie ni! I've received X'mas cards and birthday cards...


Now, i have my very first CNY card!

That was in the morning...

In the afternoon, i met up with my cousin (who is freaking going to ORD) and ah ma (paternal grandma) for lunch. It's her birthday today! Everyone say happy birthday to my ah ma...

Too bad i didn't take any photos. I actually brought a camera, but i felt weird taking it out, so it remained in my pocket throughout the meal...

I wanted to bring them to the Crystal Jade Golden Palace in Paragon for dim sum, but she complained that it was too far, so we settled for the Crystal Jade Kitchen at Causeway Point instead...

It was supposed to be our treat, but she paid for the meal in the end. Guess how much was the bill man... We had frog's leg porridge, stir fried seafood noodles, broccoli with scallops, steamed pork buns, 3 different kinds of roasted meat and the ultimate, a bowl of heavenly shark's fin soup each!

At this point, being the geographer that i am, i must warn you guys out there about the dangers of consuming shark's fin to the dwindling shark population.



"The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization says over 100 million sharks, skates and rays are killed every year. We figure that's just half the total, because another half is unreported. This total threatens sharks because they reproduce slowly, more like mammals than fish. Some sharks only have 1-2 pups every other year, and they may take nine or more years to mature."
- sources from some website.


So yes, everyone should STOP EATING SHARK'S FIN RIGHT NOW...


But i still eat...

I know i know!

I know a way to get people to stop eating shark's fin!

You take an ordinary plate...


This is an ordinary plate...

Now you slap on some slogans and pictures of sharks being murdered...

Ta-da!


Presenting, the anti-shark's-fin-eating plate!

This will stop, or at least reduce, the amount of shark's fin being consumed.

How, you ask?

Simple!


People will just take a look at the plate and get mega turned off by the pictures on it and thus abstain from ordering shark's fin soup!

I'm so smart... *pats myself on the back*

I should go patent my idea to the UN, then they will mass produce MY plates and sell it to the World! Actually, sell it to China and i'll be rich already...

Oh please, i know it won't work... I got my idea from cigarette boxes and how they put up pictures of lungs blackened by tar or brains with blood clots, all in the futile bid to reduce cigarette consumption. Like that cannot, the gahmen just increase tax. And increase. And increase. Like got use... People still buy... My campmates all keep complaining that they've got no money but every couple of days, they come with new boxes of cigs...

I'm deviating like crazy... Back to the meal...


The bill totalled to $200.93.

*blink*

Freaking hell! My cousin thought we were gonna treat and with every order, his eyes widened a little... In the end, my ah ma paid... Abit bad la, her birthday and she's treating us, but what to do, she's a rich woman...

---------------

Sidetracking, this is my horoscope for today...

Imitating someone else is not going to get you anywhere. You can appreciate the person's methods and admire his style, but in the end, you need to develop your own voice. Figure out what that is.


Hmmmm... Very significant...

Oh, my whole camp knows i'm gonna join Singapore Idol... Even the Enciks... I'm so grossed out... If i dun get through, i'm gonna be so embarrassed...

I'm starting to get a little turned off with the whole shebang already... Mabs please save me! Are you still going with?

----------------

There's some other shit that i had wanted to blog about, and it concerns the camp and how it's run...

I suspect things will get better when one of us takes over from the Jade Emperor and his sidekick, but that day seems to be in the land of far faraway...

Oh whatev. I shall just let shit stay where it belongs.

In the toilet bowl.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?