it's a blog eat blog world

Friday, July 02, 2004

 
Author's note: I'm friggin' pissed... My painstakingly typed entry was erased. I'm retyping now. All the previous emotions shown may not be shown again. ARGH.

FARK.


Anyway, I was saying that today was my last paper...

Author's note: I'm still friggin' pissed.

Went out with Colin for a celebratory dinner and also to celebrate him having his leave in lieu today, whatever that is...

So as we were taking the MRT to Bugis, we suddenly had a photo frenzy. And we took and took photos with my phone... Suddenly he fell apart in stitches cos he was laughing too hard and i was like "Gimme see gimme see..."


..............

He said i looked like those ah ma. You know those chinese period dramas or those Zhen Qing shows that always have a female servant or housekeeper who always wear a white button top and have a ponytail?


Wah lau.

I tried to make it seem more realistic. Don't blame me if the quality is sucky cos i don't use photoshop. I'm stuck with good ole' paint to do the job.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Anyway, we switched trains at City Hall to get to Bugis(I live in Woodlands ok). The train was damn packed and we were literally crushing onto everyone else around us.

Then suddenly something i totally abhor was brought to my attention. Three Indian guys (nono not the Indians) were talking about Euro 2004. I overheard stuff like "He should have stayed close to Ronaldo" or "He shd have done this, did that, run here, kick there..."

Like, WTF. If you're such pros, go down and start coaching England or something la. Instead of being packed into a crowded train and LAMENTING about the game. WAIT! Better still, go play yourself. I'm sure the S. League(Stupid? Spastic? Sad?) would love to have such "talents" on the field to meet its goals by 2010.

HUH? No more goals ar? TOO BAD... Cos you people not playing, only talking...

Just as we ascended the escalators of the MRT station, i witnessed the potrayal of the horrific!

It was the slow and cruel killing of an innocent baby. It was gruesome!

The parents should just quit smoking... They have a baby in a pram in a smoking zone?!?! Do they want their child to grow up being used to the smell of smoke?

They were practically BLOWING the smoke at the poor baby. Took a fag from their cigarette and looked down at the baby with tender parental eyes while blowing out smoke from their foul blackened gap.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Anyway, i went into Monsoon to cut my hair as planned. the entrance of the newly renovated Bugis branch looked so classy that i had nearly second thoughts.

As i was sitting at the chair waiting to see who would come cut my hair, this sissy freak with orange hair kept walking around me and i was horrified!

Lucky it was my regular hairstylist that did the cutting.

The first time i had a cut from him, he gave me his namecard with his name, Alvins Lim. Whats with the pural, i thought.

Now, he gave me another namecard. His name was now just WINS. What? So that he won't LOSES? Whats with hairstylists and freaky names?

And it is FREAKING cheap! It was $22. Haha... Okok... I know thats not cheap but the actual price was $33! Got promotion again! Like everytime i cut got promotion! Glee!

Anyway, after haircut, i felt very funny. Everytime i walked past a mirror and looked into it, i see a guy with weird hair. Like somewhat too little of it. BALDING!


Front view.


Side view. With extra orders of oil and sweat.

I guess its quite nice la... But i still can't get used to it. Anyway, i can't possible recreate THAT effect!

After that, went to eat Ramen at Hisatomo at Raffle's City. VERY SCRUMPTIOUS! And at less then 10 bucks for ANY ramen. We ate about $25. Bloody full lor... Couldn't move much... Stomach was in the way...

After that, walk walked abit then he had to go back to camp so we went to Boonlay. I saw Edgar and Kinfei(my VSchoir seniors) at the taxi stand. They were in OCS book-in book-out attire.

Very very very long din see Edgar le... he commented that i looked older cos of my spects and hair. And he BHB say he looks like sec 3. I agreed.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sigh. how time really flies... When you're younger, you strived(or is it strove?) to make yourself look older and grown up but when you're already grown up, you want to look young again. What an irony.

Suddenly, sitting alone in the train back home, i felt very small. I dunno how to describe it la. A sense of pervading gloom invaded me. Like i suddenly had an epiphany like that.

I realised that my life revolves around pretty much nothing but friends. However, friendship is superficial. I realise that i have none of those SOLID friendships presently that i had back in VS.

When i really needed to chat with people, no one freaking bothered to reply my smses. Only Weibin and Jianwei, out of like the ten i sent, reprociated, and for them i'm thankful. but there's only so much they can do. Weibin is in army and JW was mugging for his Bio test tmr, so i did not wanna impose on them.

So i sat at the playground near my condo and started swinging and swinging, my mind blank, listening to the angst-ridden Avirl blaring on and on about life. Occasional msges from Weibin were the only distraction i got.

Just then this family appeared walking past the direction i was facing. They had a little boy who kept staring at me and i smiled at him. Then suddenly he came my way and said "Shen mo?"

I was stunned. I din reply and he walked off.

And i continued swinging, the lack of replies causing a vacuum within me...

When i was home and bathing, suddenly the replies started coming in...

"Sorry i din c the phone"
"??!!"

I thought... "Too late... I'm home..."

The storm, or rather, the drought was over and my mood to chat had passed. Other people asked me what had happened. People like Colin and Kelvin. But i really cannot explain what i felt at that juncture.

Maybe it was just the freak emo side manifesting for awhile.

Maybe...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?