it's a blog eat blog world

Sunday, February 12, 2006

 
Idolitator

To everyone of you who has not asked me yet...



Yea, i got through to the next round of auditions...

But let's start from the beginning shall we?

I arrived at Cineleisure at 6am, all thanks to my dad (the same one that wouldn't drive me to see the doctors when i had fever), who woke up to drive me... I was so surprised that he even suggested it the night before...




Seeing as there was no queue, i proceeded to sit around feeling all awkward...

No queue... What was i thinking?!?! By the time i realised that the queue was at THE OTHER SIDE of Cine, it was about half an hour later...

I was so shellshocked that i forgot to take a picture of the hundreds of people literally lying down on ponchos and groundsheets within the barricades... Apparently, the lure of being the second Singapore Idol was still strong enough to induce overnight camping...

So i trudged all the way to the end of the barricades, and then past it, joining the people standing on the grass outside of the barricades... Gross, imagine if i had joined the queue immediately, i might even be within the barricades...

Soon, a freaking long queue started forming behind me...

Anyhow, once the person at the front of the queue started packing up (not that i could even see the front of the queue), EVERYBODY started standing up to pack up... The queue started moving, but it was only because people standing equals more space as compared to people lying down... That was around 7.30am...

Soon, i was happily within the barricades, and still moving in! Yay, no more wet grass!

At around 9am, Colin, who was with me since 7am, had to leave due to work and i was once again left all alone...

Left by myself, i was quickly bored and started looking at the queue behind me...




Wah! It was 9am and there were still people outside of the barricades, even after the crew made us stand 2 by 2 (luckily never ask us hold hands)! There were even people standing on the side of the freaking road...

By now, Gurmit Singh and Daniel Ong were on site to liven up the very much dead spirits in the people queuing up... Their incessant banter irritated more than lifted me up though...

I was so far back that i had to stand on my toes to even catch a glimpse of the hosts...


Can you even see the speck that is Daniel Ong?

All this while, i was smsing a couple of friends to come down to keep me company, but i guess i wasn't important enough for anyone to bother... Oh well...



I was all alone...

I guess my RP duties really helped me... I was standing all the way from 6am to 11am... It was like a super siong sentry...

Finally i had company... Yeo Yang (Choir junior) came down around 11am... At first, he only wanted to come in the late afternoon, just in time to register for auditions tomorrow, but since i was alone, he decided to just come down to accompany me, even though he only had like 3 hours of sleep...



Appreciated your company man...

Especially because i had to go to the toilet...

As time passed, everything became a blur and soon, we fell into a cycle of standing up to move 3 steps, sitting down for half an hour and standing up to move 3 steps again...




It was hot, humid and everyone was damn bored...

So bored that i asked YY to look for white hair on my head...




To my horror, he yanked out 2 strands of white hair! I'm always the one helping people to pull white hair, how can i have white hair myself man!!! Getting old liao...

Soon, we went back to the mundane wait, and as we got closer and closer to the front, i spotted a trend... The further in front we went, the more rubbish was seen... I guess it was because the further in front it was, the earlier the first few people came to queue, therefore more rubbish accumulated over the longer period of time...



I felt as limp as the overnight salad in the picture...

Soon, we were literally sitting among the garbage...

At around 5pm (yes, it had been THAT long), we finally saw the light...



The crew guy who calls out the queue numbers that were issued to us earlier...

Around an hour later, my number was called and it a whirlwind of activity ensued (actually, all we did was to go to one place after the other to register, and wait, and wait somemore, but compared to what we did the entire day, it was a whirlwaind of activity indeed).

Soon, i got the number that would be my identity for the next few hours...



Go buy 4D!

If you noticed that i'm wearing different clothes, you're very observant. This picture was taken after the whole thing. During the auditions, i already nervous enough, so no mood to camwhore. But i got the nice crew lady to write a new one out for me since the one that i had to stick on my shirt was crumpled already...




Oh, in my nervousness, i still managed to take one last shot of myself in the holding area at the 9th floor of Cine, where the auditions were being held...

It was in that very audition hall that i made up my mind to just fuck whatever i had wanted to sing and just whack with "Ain't No Mountain", Diana Degarmo style... Forget about "Your Song", or "This is the Night", i was gonna do it my style, loud and proud...

At the last holding area, we were told specifically NOT to look at the camera, which was positioned in the center of the room, but at the judges, who were on the left of the camera...

I walked in and the first thing i said was, "Hi, you guys must be tired..."

There were 2 judges, one male one female... The guy replied, "Then you must be even more tired..."

And i went, "Yea lor..."

I then procceeded to give my name and the song i was singing. After given the green light to start singing, i started to look at the microphone that was ABOVE me, instead of the judges...

And to think i was worrying about looking at the camera...

After belting out "Ain't No Mountain" (which i went out of tune for the last note cos i started out too high and ended even higher), the judges asked me somemore questions like what time i had been waiting from, when will i ORD etc, and somehow, i felt quite at ease talking to them, even to the point of making them laugh and saying that i zhao sia (went out of tune) for the last note..

Then the guy judge did something that made me stunned for about 5 seconds...

He told me to sing another song!!!

I literally froze on the spot for 5 freaking seconds (go count it, it's quite long considering there's a camera pointing straight at my face!)... I know i was supposed to prepare 2 songs, but all along i thought the judges would want to get it over with quickly and so not bother with the second song...

In the end, i told them my other song was "Your Song" and i went about mangling it like how i said Christopher did in the first season, but worse... I was totally unprepared to sing it and did a terrible job man...

Then, the male judge did a second thing that stunned me... He asked me, "If we call you back to audition for the second time, can you sing the first song that you sang for us just now?"

I was like thinking, "DUH! Are you gonna let me through?", but what i actually said was, "Um, yea sure..."

That marked the end of the auditions, with my first song out of tune and the second badly mangled... The crew ushered me to the results area where i had to wait AGAIN until everyone in my group was done auditioning before we could find out who would be in or out...

Ok, you guys know what happened after that already... I better stop now, i'm sounding so incoherent! This totally doesn't sound like how i would usually write... It's already 4am already!!!

Shall blog about the new paper thing soon...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?